- Church Beck, Coniston From £49pp - the best trip in the Lakes!
- Stickle Ghyll, Langdale Start at £46pp - suitable for everyone
- Stoneycroft Ghyll, Keswick From £46pp - best in the north Lakes
💥 The most popular activity in the Lakes! 💥It’s time to get wet! Ghyll scrambling in the Lake District (or gorge scrambling) involves scrambling directly up a mountain river, but in the water rather than by taking the more traditional (and dull!) path along the side!
We offer 3 different gorge scrambling trips. Click the links below 👇 for more information, prices and pictures of what to expect on each of the trips:
- Church Beck, Coniston – arguably the best in the Lake District. The slide finale is worth the trip alone!
- Stickle Ghyll, Langdale – a classic, especially for those who like climbing waterfalls. Accessible and suitable for all.
- Stoneycroft Ghyll, Keswick – slides, chutes and more slides, perfect for those based in the north Lakes.
You’ll be amazed how quickly the water stops feeling cold as you climb over trees, boulders, up rocky steps and even climb waterfalls! We’ll make sure that we find you some plunge pools and slides too, to ensure that you go home with not a patch of dry clothing!
We’ll kit you out in wetsuits and provide all the safety equipment that you need to ensure that you have an exhilarating but safe time taking on a classic gorge scramble. All the obstacles can be bypassed if they don’t appeal to you and you’ll be wearing a buoyancy aid to keep you afloat, so you don’t need to be a strong swimmer.
Come ghyll scrambling in the Lake District with us – it is great for groups and is also a great way of tiring out the kids. It works really well as a half-day session, enabling you to create your perfect multi-activity day by marrying this activity up with half a day of abseiling, rock climbing, scrambling, or canyoning.
Ghyll scrambling in the Lake District is also perfect for Hen and Stag parties and is brilliant as part of a team building day for corporate clients.
Prices are shown on the relevant pages that are linked to above.
Discounts are available for large groups – just get in touch for a price.
A great idea is to ‘mix-and-match’ to make a full day of activities, with one in the the morning and another in the afternoon. See all the options here.
Click here to make a booking or to find out more. You can also contact us by telephone on 07702 942980.
Vouchers can be bought for all of our courses and experiences for your friends & family to redeem at their leisure. Buy a voucher